The articles posted are on various subjects that I have wondered about and now I want to share them with the reader.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

IS FOOD BAD FOR YOU?

The news that has been coming out the past few years - and especially this year, is that this food or that food is contaminated, poisoned or not healthy. Really? It is something to wonder about and I have. When I grew up all food was considered healthy. As a little girl I use to make mud pies and eat them - yes, eat them! I never did have worms or get sick. Oh, I had measles, scarlett fever, whooping cough and the chicken pox along with colds and flu. But that was about it.

I have heard it said that one should become a vegetarian. (dislike being 'shoulded' on.) I use to work at a holistic health center and was exposed to almost every modality of health and healing there was at the time. I also learned that prominent vegetarians died from cancer or leukemia. I also, in my research found out that meat is good because of the enzymes and proteins. I have also been told that one shouldn't kill the cows or animals for food. Really?

I have been taught that everything is alive and that there is some form of consciousness in everything, including a carrot. Have you heard the carrot scream when you pulled it out of the ground? Have you heard it scream when you juiced it? It is something to think about. Just because it doesn't make an audible sound doesn't mean it doesn't feel. How about the fish?There is a food chain in this world.

I wonder about the eating habits here in the United States. I am sure we are the sickest nation of people on this planet. All one has to do is drive around in the early morning, in towns and cities and see no empty parking spaces in the medical centers' parking lots or the hospitals. The more the pharmaceutical companies create new drugs, the sicker the population becomes. It is something to wonder about.

I have also read about other cultures in the world. The food eaten is vastly different from that in the western world and especially in the U.S. The news media is now releasing information about foods becoming poisoned or contaminated not only in the U.S. but in others countries. Have you ever wondered why? Could it be an accumulation of toxic wastes, pesticides and other contaminants?


Do I have a solution? I can only speak for myself and share my knowledge. I read labels. I am also aware that not all organic produce/fruits from foreign countries are totally organic because they do not have the regulations that fully control it, therefore I grow much of my own and I also buy locally. Farmers markets are a wonderful place to buy foods. I also preserve much of my food. Time consuming? Not really when one considers the other side of the coin. Those who live in cities can grow foods in containers. Container gardens are becoming more and more popular. It is very easy to become a fanatic about what we eat and this can become addictive and undermine our health in a sense.

I know that by blessing everything I eat or drink is powerful and can change the molecular structure of whatever I put into my mouth and body. Therefore I always bless my food and my drink for the health and nourishment it gives my body. This was the original intent of blessing one's food and giving thanks. Somewhere along the way the intent became changed to 'thanking God' for providing us for our food, etc. We have the power within us and the spiritual essence within each of us hears the message and does the work. It isn't some guy in the sky. Heresy? Only if you think so. I have been taught very well.

In the Bible, there is a verse that says "As a man thinketh, so he is." There is also another one that states, "It is done unto you as you believe." It is something to think about.

As a testimonial to myself, I will soon be 78 years young and as stated above, I have had few illnesses. I have had some broken bones, my tonsils out and an appendectomy. I refuse to live in fear. As my Teacher has said, "Attitude is everything." Life is a gift and to be treasured.



No comments: